Hot stones increase the intensity of the massage, heat helps muscles to relax and allow deep tissue massage. Hot stone massage relieves muscle pain and gives a feeling of complete relaxation. This massage is good for people suffering from sprains, dislocations, poor circulation,
arthritis, back pain, anxiety, depression and insomnia.
In all these cases, the massage is performed based on each person individual needs. If you are going to do hot stone massage for the first time, then there is no need to complicate it. Here are some tips to help you do the massage in right way.
1. Prepare a place where you will be doing massage. Cover it with a clean sheet, a massage table. Nearby lay a sufficient number of clean soft towels.
2. At the bottom of the furnace or heating device, place a small hand towel. Put it on the rocks and add water to it covers the rocks. The only proper way to heat the stones for massage - professional stove to heat the stones, and to use the microwave. Follow the manufacturer's instructions. Take your time, give time to warm stones - it can take up to an hour
3. Check water temperature with a thermometer to be sure that the stones are not overheated. The temperature of the water should be 45-50 C. If necessary, set the temperature control device. Hold the stone in his hand, to determine whether it is safe to put on someone's skin. Squeeze the stone in the palm of your hand for 5 seconds. If you do not feel any discomfort, you can safely use the stones for massage.
4. Prepare aromatherapy oil blend. In bottle of 60 ml, mix 7 drops of birch oil, 6 drops of ginger oil and 6 drops of essential oil of peppermint. Top up the bottle of olive oil that was still a gap of 1 cm between the top vial and mix. Gently roll the bottle between your hands to mix the ingredients.
5. Ask the client to undress and lie on your back on a massage table. Cover the top of his clean sheet or large towel.
6. Warm your hands before beginning the massage; so that their temperature is not too different from the temperature of the stones, then massage the client will not cause discomfort.
7. Fold the edge of the sheet or towel from his shoulders and legs to shut down leaving only the chest and private parts. On all open spaces, apply aromatherapy oils.
8. Remove from water 8 small stones and dry with a towel. Place the stones between all toes and wrap each foot dry with a towel. Large stones put in the middle of the thighs and lower sheets to cover your feet. Stones of medium size, place on each of the palms and fingers to squeeze ask that the stone held in place.
9. Large stones placed under both arms between the spine and shoulder blades. Medium-sized stones lay out along the line of the sternum. Big stones put on each of the pectoral muscles (chest muscles are the largest). Drop the small pebble below the cheekbones and the forehead.
10. Remove stones between the toes, and 7 of them again dip into the water. Make sure that the water temperature was high enough that the stones become hot. Gently bend each leg at the knee and rub into the calf and ankle massage oil. Small stone that you left behind, massage your foot off the top of the foot up on the entire circumference of the ankle. Ask the client whether it is convenient to him, some people prefer a strong depression, whereas others are more like light touch.
Note: During a hot stone massage is normal to feel a little dehydrated. Ask massaged to drink cold water before or after a massage. Several times during the session, ask if he wanted to take a sip of water.