Solo-sex or masturbation as it is commonly known is a perfectly natural outlet for satisfying ourselves sexually.
It doesn't sap our sexual energy for sex with our partner, as is commonly believed. Here are ten good reasons for solo sex.
1. Masturbation is a perfectly healthy way to consciously learn more about your body and what turns you on.
2. The art of self-pleasure creates the atmosphere for better sex with your partner. Learning to turn yourself on allows you to be able to lead your partner in the right direction during sex. Most women learn how to orgasm through masturbation.
3. Solo-sex is safe as you don’t have to worry about wearing a condom, getting pregnant or
4. Solo-sex is a great stress reliever, a natural sleep sedative and it helps fight off depression by releasing feel-good mood boosting endorphins.
5. For men, solo-sex is good for your prostate gland. Studies have shown that regular masturbation may lower the risk of prostate cancer, and that 1/3 of men who jerk off more than 5 times a week are less likely to get prostate cancer. The chances of heart attacks and strokes are lowered by as much as 50 % among men who masturbate and come to orgasm at least 3 times per week.
6. For women, solo-sex has multiple health benefits which include: building resistance to yeast infections, relieve menstrual cramps, migraine headaches, tension. It also relieves chronic back pain by releasing the amino acid oxytocin, otherwise known as the hormone of “love”.
7. For both men and women, solo-sex helps build a stronger pelvic floor which leads to better pleasure, control and orgasms.
8. Many sexologists agree that solo sex is natural. It yields psychological and healthy emotional benefits as it helps people to love themselves. Censoring or repressing the urge for masturbation can be harmful, resulting in destructive obsessions, low self-esteem, and can even lead to intimacy problems.
9. Solo sex can improve the sexual relationships of couples. It is not contrary to partner sex as women who masturbate learn about their sexual response and how to pleasure themselves. They then communicate their desire to their partner and both partners benefit from a more fulfilling sex life.
10. Overall solo sex is empowering as it can help to make you a better lover which will boost your confidence.